Jarrow formulas Vitamin B12 + Methyl folate + B6
Jarrow formulas B12 + methyl folate is a mixture of the three most important B vitamins in their fully active form. They come in a form of lozenges that are absorbed from the mouth and thus bypass any potential problems with the absorption of the intestines. The body cannot produce B vitamins, so we must obtain them through the diet, but they often need to be replaced by a dietary supplement. In this case, it is important to choose the right and quality form.
How are B vitamins different?
Not all B vitamins are the produced equally. If we ignore the contained quantities, we will see that there are still significant differences between them. For example, lets take vitamin B12, which in most supplements is found in the form of cyanocobalamin (Cyano-cobalamin). B12 (e.g. cobalamin) is connected here to the cyanide carrier. Do you remember what cyanide is? Yes-poison. Another form of B12 is Hydroxycobalamin, which is relatively unstable and is used in medicine as an antidote to cyanide poisoning. The active and stable form of vitamin B12 is methyl-cobalamin, where B12 is bound to the methyl group and can be directly involved in the methylation cycle (all other forms must be changed before they can be used).
It is also similar with vitamin B9, which you know as folic acid. Unfortunately, folic acid is not an active form of vitamin B9 and must first be transformed into a methyl form through the enzyme MTHFR. It is encodes by the MTHFR gene, which in approx 70% of people does not work optimally. In these cases folic acid may remain unprocessed in the body and can cause health problems. The active form of B9 is methyl-folate (methyl-tetrahydrofolate).
With B6 it is similar with pyridoxine 5 phosphate.
So it does matter which B vitamins you choose.
For whom is B12 + folate suitable?
The supplement is suitable for all who want a quality substitute of the most important B vitamins. Especially suitable for vegans as they can not get B12 from food and for those who have difficulty with absorption, because our lozenges absorb already in the mouth.
B12 + folate is proven to affect many bodily processes
Key B vitamins can help to eliminate anemia and anemia, improve immune system and prevent psychological and neurological problems. It prevents fatigue.
- contributes to the release of energy in Metabolism
- contributes to the functioning of the nervous system
- Plays a role in the functioning of the immune system
- It contributes to reducing fatigue and exhaustion
- Plays a role in cell division
- contributes to the development of breast tissue during pregnancy
- contributes to the synthesis of amino acids
- Normal cystein synthesis, which is an important amino acid in the sluphation cycle of the body and the production of the strongest antioxidant in the body, glutathione,
- Good functioning of the nervous system,
- A normal homocysteine metabolism, which is the metabolite of the methylation cycle. Homocystein can greatly damage the inside of the veins and the blood vessels if its numbers rise too high. It a very strong cardiovascular disease marker.
- The normal metabolism of protein and glycogen (bodys carbohydrates stores),
- good psychological functions (e.g. depression, etc.),
- Normal production of red blood cells (irregular production of red blood cells or erythrocytes causes anemia or anemia),
- Regulation of the hormonal system and hormonal activity.