Dr. Mercola-Liposomal Vitamin C 500mg x 60 or 180 capsules
Liposomal form of vitamin C is currently the best form of this vitamin on the market. The specialty is that vitamin C is surrounded by a fat envelope (liposome) that allows absorption through the lymphatic system. The classic vitamin C is absorbed via the portal system and must first pass the liver before it gets into the bloodstream. With liposomal vitamins, you can avoid this. This way there is less on digestion and you protect your liver. This also allows for better absorption and bio-availability of vitamin C. Some studies even suggest that delivery into the cells itself is better than with the IV (intra venous) vitamin C.
For this reason, you need a smaller amount of the vitamin for the same effect while avoiding unpleasant digestive symptoms of classical ascorbic acid.
Dr. Mercola is one of the eminent specialists in functional medicine and takes care of the high standard of its supplements. This is also seen in the ingredients used in liposomal products, where he always uses only sunflower lecithin, while most other manufacturers use a cheaper and often controversial soy lecithin.
Properties of Vitamin C
It is one of the vital vitamins that has been shown is lacking in our diets.
In particular, it is known for its antioxidant properties and has a beneficial effect on the immune system, especially in autumn and winter months.
We forget, however, that vitamin C is extremely important for the formation of collagen, which is important for healthy and beautiful skin, bones, veins, cartilage, gums and teeth. Its influence on collagen is so powerful that its positive properties were discovered precisely because of this characteristic. A very strong deficiency of vitamin C will cause scurvy.
Vitamin C and Scurvy
Scurvy is a disease caused by vitamin C deficiency. The first symptoms include fatigue, weakness and heavy legs and hands. It then decreases the number of red blood cells and then causes gum disease (bleeding gums), its most characteristic symptom . Then follow the changes in hair and skin, which also begins to bleed, and the wounds heal slowly.
Scurvy was described by the ancient Egyptians who found that it was prevented by the consumption of citrus, tomato and potato. It later became the main problem of long, seagoing expeditions, where most of the crew could perish even after a month. Therefore, in 1795, the English accepted a health reform, which recommended the use of lemon juice for all sailors.
The discovery of vitamin C is attributed to the Hungarian physiologist Albert Szent-Györgyiju, who also received the Nobel Prize in 1937.
Dr. Mercola Liposomal Vitamin C contains vitamin C which:
- plays a role in the functioning of the immune system during intensive physical activity and after it (the beneficial effect is achieved by the daily intake of 200mg, in addition to the recommended daily vitamin C intake).
- Plays a role in the formation of collagen for healthy veins, bones, cartilage, gums, skin, teeth
- contributes to the release of energy in Metabolism
- contributes to the functioning of the nervous system
- contributes to the normal psychological functioning
- Plays a role in the functioning of the immune system
- plays a role in protecting cells from oxidative stress
- It contributes to reducing fatigue and exhaustion
- It contributes to restoring the reduced form of vitamin E into its active form
- Increases iron absorption